* Apply the critical analysis skills outlined in our reading(s)
* Refine your ability to write quickly and fluently
* Respond to others' ideas using 1 or more of They say, I say's stra-tegies for responding
Are you familiar with “fact checking sites”? They’re independent sources that evaluate the truthfulness of information. This activity will ask you to review the different sites and then choose a topic to research and write about in a discussion post. Here are the directions.
1. You have just visited several fact-checking sites. Reflect on what you observed as you briefly explored the web sites. If you skipped that activity, go back one page for the links.
2. Select one rumor, statement, event, or “news” story that you have recently heard about or that you see listed on one of the sites-e.g., is it true that masks prevent the spread of COVID-19? Was the moon landing real? You can choose a story you have heard about or you can select one of the topics discussed on a fact-checking site. https://webliteracy.pressbooks.com/chapter/fact-checking-sites/
3. Write a post that is approximately 250 words in which you report on the story you investigated;
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.